Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day One of my return to WHO I am

So I used to write, frequently....I started this mainly after I was an intern at the Christian Training Center, where we would have daily devotional time.  I would write about what I read that day, and then we would gather and share our thoughts.
When everything started happening with my Dad, I kept up my devos, and God started giving me words to write and share to lots of people through email.  He would show me something even in a snippet of Old Testament..and I would send it out. 
I just recently got a new laptop, and I told myself that I was going to start writing more, emailing more.  So far I havent gotten to that, but here I am, first post in my first blog ever, so here we go:)
The first post comes from Job 11: 13-19  These verses were a part of a sermon one Sunday when my Dad was going through treatment.  They really stuck out to him, and he even put them on his signature line of the new "non-work" email account he had just created after his retirement. 
......to look on your troubles one day as Waters Gone By......that was his desire.....and that is my desire today.

I know the days ahead, in my life AND the lives of my friends and family, are bound to be uncertain, scary, dark.....for some of my friends that is the perfect description of their PRESENT reality......what I pray though, is for God to become so PRESENT around, beside, in front of...within.......me, and my loved ones that our darkness will become like morning.......we will be secure because there is hope......and we will look about us..ALL AROUND US........and we will take our rest in safety.

CR

3 comments:

  1. I will look forward to reading your blog and your words of wisdom and inspiration. Reading this one reminds me of the story of Peter, who was able to walk on the troubled waters as long as he kept his eyes on Jesus...once he took his eyes of Jesus, he sank.
    Love you, Cindylou

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you have decided to do this blog. I have often thought that the things you have said in regular email conversation would be awesome to share with others. Im proud of you for stepping out with boldness and following the Lord as he leads your heart in what to write. I cant wait to read your next one. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete